Monday, January 13, 2014

Back On The Map...Tackling Tiny Spaces

It's been OVER A WEEK!!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?!?! I have been SUBMERGED in games, movies and work lol. I have been in SUCH a movie and gaming mood lately. I'm telling ya'll by the end of this year I'm going to have seen so many movies and bumped my gamer score up so much it AIN'T EVEN FUNNY! (Gotta show a little of that Alabama raising lol) BUT, I have made time for some crafting and OF COURSE so definite hubby spoiling ;) 

We have MORE than been outgrowing our apartment! So in the mean time of looking for our first HOUSE EEEEEEP!!! I have been going through and cleaning out the no longer useful and making things a WEEEE bit more tiny space friendly.

Last year we searched and searched for a new shower curtain and FELL IN LOVE with this one!

And so began the corresponding decor...


So cozy and comfy! BUT that little white cabinet only holds so much!
So...let the craftiness begin! ;)

I settled on this little wonder(OH HOW I LOVE RUBBER MAID STORAGES)
But White, Black and Random Ugly Colors just WERE NOT an option!!!


I just can't stand the plain look! If they're hidden in a closet sure go for plain and boring(if you can stand it lol) So I decided to try my hand at redoing it.

MATERIALS:
- Paint of Your Choice
- Stencil MAKE SURE IT WILL FIT IN THE SPACE YOU PLAN ON PUTTING THE DESIGN! OR IF YOU'RE GOOD AT FREE HAND GO FOR IT!!!


Line up the stencil and tape in place
(Yes I did use Alabama Duct Tape HATE ON IT HONEY ROLL TIDE!!!)
I didn't use a specific pattern I just randomly painted which colors looked best to me.


Take off the stencil VERY carefully!!!


Replace the stencil, making sure you line it up properly.
Paint the remainder of space available.


Once again CAREFULLY remove the stencil and VOILA!!! 
DONE?! ARE YOU KIDDING NO!!! JUST GETTING STARTED!!! =D


I went all out and continued the painting ...

The Top


The Front, the Sides, the INSIDE!
EVERY little spot you're little heart likes!

And here we have my finished product...for now!!!
Remember it's just paint! Who knows maybe we'll have a redo later on...


No comments:

Post a Comment