Monday, January 6, 2014

Ahh SO Simple Yet SUCH An Impact!

I'm sure we've all been there, you know when you first get your own place and you're still slowly accumulating things you need. WELL, there for the LONGEST I only had a few select knives(Don't get me wrong they were GOOD knives just scare in variety). I was CONSTANTLY washing and REwashing my few knives depending on what all I was preparing and for somethings my few knives just did NOT cut it ;) 

We searched for weeks for a GREAT set for GREAT price. Then BAM we found it! I LOVE the knives but the block...Plain wood with a label ... I. DON'T. THINK. SO! Lord knows I don't like BORING!!!

The Beginning...BLAH

 First to take off that little label. It didn't take much effort just a small straight edge and POP! 

Then a nice thick coat of my FAVORITE Caffe Cream Acrylic Paint

While the paint is still wet I replaced the label. No glue needed the paint adheres fine!
(though I REALLY wanted to do a design or a monogram. CRUSE MY CHICKEN SCRATCH HANDWRITING lol)


Now to just give a quick spray of clear coat to seal it all together!

Wait, Wait, WAIT!!! Until you are SURE it's completely dry! You DO NOT want paint let alone clear con-sealant on your knives!!!
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
DONE!!! 
Now just replace your knives and set it up Pretty Pretty!!! 


***BONUS***
I also did the same with my yard sale coffee cup holder plus so Dollar Tree cups!

No comments:

Post a Comment